iPod is a portable digital media player, which can store up to 160GB of data and works well with both on Mac and Windows operating systems. It can store songs, video, games, photos etc. iPod supports MP3, MP4, MOV, WAV, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PSD, and TIFF file formats. iPod as an external drive can store all types of file and is mostly preferred by music lovers who want to always carry a large number of songs with them. While listen songs with iPod feel amazing and because of its enriched features and music clarity it feels like you are listening to music in home theatre. But if it gets corrupted then entire stuff that was stored in iPod devices becomes inaccessible.
You may be thinking what can be the reason for iPod corruption. Well, there are many reasons for corruption such as sudden removal of iPod device from your computer, external threats, iTunes crash, file system corruption and reformatting. Even a small and simple mistake made by you can lead you to lose files.
iPod recovery software helps to recover corrupted iPod devices without any complications. It will retrieve deleted photos from iPod including audio files and video files. This software is available for iPod recovery Windows and Mac users. You can preview the recovered media files before actually saving them on any desired location.
Factors responsible for corruption in iPod:
File system corruption: File system manages and organizes files in iPod devices but sometimes file system on the device may get corrupted due to some unknown errors and you may encounter error message like “iTunes.exe-corrupt file” it does not allow to access iPod files, hence data loss.
Frozen iPod: When an iPod is continuously used for a long time, it automatically activates its protection controls thus freezing the iPod. As a result all the iPod data becomes inaccessible. Other reasons behind iPod freezing may be corrupt files in the iPod, lack of memory or battery problem.
Corruption in iTunes folder: Sometimes, while trying to open the audio files stored within iTunes, you may get error message. The entire audio files in the iTunes music folder become inaccessible after getting the error message leading to file loss from iTunes. The reasons behind this may be corruption or damage to the music folder, incorrect placement of the music folder, incorrect assignment of the music folder in the registry etc.
Faulty software: If the iTunes version you are using is not compatible with the current operating system you are using then it may result in iPod sync error. As a result of this some files from the iPod hard drive may get deleted / lost including photos, videos and audio files. Other than this if you have installed any antivirus software in your PC and incase the iPod is virus infected then it may delete some music files off the iPod during synchronization process.
Key features of iPod recovery software:
- Effortlessly recover lost media files after format, accidental deletion and even from complex situations.
- It helps to retrieve music from iPod of file format like WAV, AIFF, AMR, MP4 etc.
- "Find" option to locate required digital media file from the list of recovered files and folders
- Capable enough to retrieve iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Mini and iPod Classic on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Restores more than 300 different file types including RAW images of professional DSLR’s camera.
- Separate builds for Windows and Mac operating system. So you can easily use it as Windows iPod recovery.
Follow some steps to recover corrupted iPod:
Step 1: Connect the corrupted iPod to your computer. Now download and install free demo version of iPod recovery software. Select “RECOVER PHOTOS” from main screen.
Step 2: Select the iPod device from where you need to recover files. Software starts scanning process.
Step 3: Once scanning is over, you can preview the recovered media file in the list of “FILE TYPE VIEW / DATA VIEW”.
Precautionary steps to get rid of corruption of iPod:
- Always take back up of your important files.
- Do not disconnect the iPod from the computer abruptly while iTunes is being synchronized with the iPod.
- Be careful while using the iTunes so that you do not end up in accidentally restoring the iTunes or deleting the iTunes file unintentionally.